Student workers are always needed in our Information Technology department! No technical experience is necessary, just a positive attitude, a good work ethic, and a great customer service attitude for these positions. Training is provided; evening and weekend hours, as well as daytime hours, are available in some areas.
The objective of our student-oriented employment program is to provide increased technology support on campus in an organized community approach. Using this approach, we also provide students with many opportunities to increase their technical, business, and software skills through training and “real world” experiences.
Over 60 students per year are hired to work in our department. During your first year, you will be assigned to a specific area depending on need and your preferences; during the summer before your second year of employment, you will be given the opportunity to cross-train in other areas and apply for a different area (if there is an opening). Student jobs are available in seven IT areas:
- Helpdesk – Supporting the Helpdesk Call Center, telecommunications support, technical IT assistance provided to all campus constituents
- Learning Resource Centre – Circulating and managing technology loaned to students and faculty as well as supporting faculty with Canvas LMS features and tools
- Mac Lab – Supporting faculty and students with projects in software such as Adobe Suite and Vectorworks. Circulating and managing equipment for Fine Arts, including high-end printer support
- MakerSpace – Supporting academic courses and individual projects with software/hardware training, giving workshops and assisting with hands-on craft skills applications
- Media Services – Supporting Special Events with sound, recording, and projection
- Media Studies, Journalism, and Digital Arts Lab – Circulating and managing equipment for MJDA students
- Departmental Office – general office work, assisting with the distribution and inventory management of college computers
The Information Technology Department also offers Internships in some areas.
Visit Joblink to check out the available positions and to apply.