Student staff are always needed in our Information Technology department! No experience necessary – we will train you. Above all, we look for a positive attitude, a good work ethic, and a great customer service attitude for these positions. Training on the equipment is provided; evening and weekend hours, as well as daytime hours, are available in some areas.
The objective of our student-oriented employment program is to provide increased technology support on campus in an organized community approach. Using this approach, we also provide students many opportunities to increase their technical, business, and software skills through training and “real world” experiences.
We hire between 60 and 70 students per year to work in Information Technology. During your first year, you will be assigned to a specific area; during the summer before your second year of employment, you will have the opportunity to cross-train in other areas and try another area if there is an opening. Our student jobs are in one of seven areas:
- Departmental Office – general office work, assist with the distribution and inventory management of College computers
- Media Services – supporting classrooms, labs, and Special Events with sound, recording, and projection
- Helpdesk – supporting the Helpdesk Call Center, phone support, technical assistance to all campus constituents
- Specialized labs, including the Learning Resource Center and MJDA and Fine Arts labs
- Makerspace – supporting both academic courses and individual projects
- Canvas Lab – supporting faculty with course redesign and related Canvas features.
Apply Now! – Currently enrolled students are encouraged to apply online via the Information Technology Student Employment Opportunities ( ) portal page.